A series of partial collage/drawings done on handmade black Canal paper - composed of vintage and antique photographs -and other ephemera. Done in mixed media .
Each single image is 9" x10" - please click individually for a larger view.
(*Inspired by a conversation with Ruediger Glatz - in Miami Beach where we met -- December 2011)
Unheimlich is the German word for what may be translated as "Uncanny". These collage pieces explore juxtapositions of images which may evoke that sense of other-worldliness one feels when objects of everyday life seem to be placed in meaningful psychologically suggestive ways or images produce feelings that one cannot exactly pinpoint, yet cause a sense of strangeness or peculiar personal deja-vu.
1. Counterpoint 2. The Only Way Out 3. Vanishing Vision
1. The Last Shall Be First 2. Angst 3. Bright Bestowal
1. The First Shall Be Last 2. Her Longing 3. A Tear In Time
1. Dark Dream 2. Fable 3. Stance
1. Withdrawn Light - or - Abandonment Issues
2. She sat at the edge of Despair - or - Last dance.
3. Memories withdrawn from retirement - or - Reinventing the Past.
1. Impulse of Instinct 2. Thinking of You - or - Father Paul's buried longing 3. One Track Mind
1. In another Land 2. At the Heart of Reality - or - Hers Completely 3. Unveiled Mysteries